Passwords - resetting your password
NOTE: Student's use the same password across the entire South Metropolitan TAFE student network.
When you reset your password it will affect the following services:
- Student email (Office 365)
- Computers on-campus classrooms and libraries
- Learning Management Systems - eCampus and Online Centre of Excellence
Your password will need be updated every 90 days.
How it works
The password reset link is available online anywhere anytime and can be used to change your password, unlock your account and reset your password if you forget it.
The reset link is to Office 365 which is your student email. You will be asked to set security questions when you login for the first time. Please see this page for more information about your student email.
Password reset link
Simply go to https://passwordreset.microsoftonline.com/
Your password for the South Metropolitan TAFE student network must meet the following criteria:
- It must be at least 8 to 16 characters
- You cannot reuse a password that you have used in your last 9 password resets
- It can not contain your first, last or user names.
- It must contain at least 3 of the following character types: upper alpha, lower alpha, numeric, symbol