User Support Forum

Online submission and online learning guide

Picture of ROSA JUECO
Online submission and online learning guide
by ROSA JUECO - Sunday, 3 September 2017, 2:58 PM

Hi.

I completed a few of the "Formative Assessments" for online Diploma of Youth - Plan and conduct group activities ages ago.  The pages had no "submit" button, so I assumed that by hitting "Save" it equates to submitting the work.  Weeks later, the lecturer returned to me saying that the works were forwarded to her by the admin (not sure which one) and that she cannot grade it or comment on it since I have not "submitted" the work.

I was (and still is) confused by the submission process.  So if hitting "save" does not submit the work and the "submit" button was missing then how is it done properly?  

She then referred me to an eCampus - Online Learning System Student User Guide which was meant to be at the second part of the homepage.  I unfortunately, could not find it.

Can you please help me with this? Or maybe share the URL link with me for the Online Learning System Student User Guide which would probably give me the answer to my submission dilemma.

Thank you. 

Natasha
Re: Online submission and online learning guide
by Natasha Aszkie - Monday, 4 September 2017, 11:09 AM

Good Morning Rosa

I have looked into the course you're enrolled in on eCampus and can see that your lecturer uses an external website for the resources and assessment submissions.

The ELearning helpdesk doesn't have access to that external website so you will need to contact your lecturer directly if you're having technical difficulties. 

I will contact your lecturer and ask that they touch base with you.

Regards

Natasha
ELearning Helpdesk

Picture of ROSA JUECO
by ROSA JUECO - Monday, 4 September 2017, 8:49 PM

Hi Natasha,

Thank you for your reply.

So, the online learning user's guide (which link I cannot find) does not apply to me?

Also, I do not understand how a TAFE lecturer would use an external website?

I have also messaged my trainer about the matter.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Rose

Natasha
by Natasha Aszkie - Tuesday, 5 September 2017, 8:43 AM

Hi Rosa

Your lecturer has told me they will contact you.

It is not uncommon for lecturers to use an external resource to teach their classes. In the same way as a lecturer might use a specific text book in a classroom. 

In regards to the online learning users guide, this is relative to that external resource as eLearning don't have one setup for eCampus. Instead we have a series of help files under the Student Help tab.

This forum is to post questions and feedback on eCampus. I am happy to follow up for you however please contact me through the helpdesk email.

Many Thanks

Natasha
Elearning Helpdesk